- Cast & crew
- User reviews
S4.E1 ∙ Happy Holiday
S4.E2 ∙ Speak as ye choose
S4.E3 ∙ The Hardest Word
S4.E4 ∙ Gone Gone
S4.E5 ∙ Poached Guests
S4.E6 ∙ Not Again
S4.E7 ∙ It's Behind You
Contribute to this page.
- See more gaps
- Learn more about contributing
More from this title
More to explore.
CBS's Ghosts season 3: everything we know about the comedy
The ghosts of Woodstone Mansion are back for another season.
CBS apparently loves being haunted by the hilarious spirits on Ghosts , as the network is bringing back the comedy for another season. Ghosts season 3 is set to be a fixture of the CBS fall TV lineup alongside other comedies Young Sheldon , The Neighborhood and Bob Hearts Abishola on the network.
Ghosts , which is adapted from the BBC series of the same name, was one of the top four comedies on US TV during the 2022-2023 season, per CBS. Fans have certainly come to love the show’s cast of characters, including Sam, Jay, Isaac, Alberta, Pete, Trevor, Flower, Hetty, Thorfinn and Sasappis. Though with a cliffhanger ending to Ghosts season 2 , many may be wondering what lies in store for season 3?
We'll have to wait until the series premieres to know for sure what happens next, but here is what we do know about Ghosts season 3 right now.
Ghosts season 3 release date
At this time, we do not know when Ghosts season 3 is going to premiere on CBS.
Ghosts season 3 did not arrive in fall 2023 as fans would have initially hoped because of the writers and actors' strike in Hollywood for new labor deals. The writers' strike has officially come to an end, meaning scripts for the sitcom can start being written. The actors and still on strike, however, meaning production on the show cannot begin.
In the meantime, the UK's Ghosts , which was the inspiration for the CBS sitcom, is going to make its US debut in November on CBS.
Ghosts season 3 plot
An official plot for Ghosts season 3 is not available, but the ending of Ghosts season 2 is going to have a major impact on what happens next for the comedy.
In the final moments of season 2, Sam and Jay notice a light from the house that means that one of the ghosts has been "sucked off," or has moved on into the next life. However, it is not shown who it is (Jay hopes it's Trevor).
Which ghost has moved on and what that'll mean for the rest of the characters is going to be a big thing for next season.
Ghosts season 3 cast
We don't know yet who got "sucked off," so it's hard to be sure who all in the Ghosts cast is definitely returning for season 3 until CBS sheds some light on that. Though we can be pretty confident that Sam McIver and Utkarsh Ambudkar are returning as Sam and Jay, given as living people, they aren't moving on to the next life.
As for the ghosts, they are played by Brandon Scott Jones (Isaac), Richie Moriarty (Pete), Danielle Pinnock (Alberta), Asher Grodman (Trevor), Sheila Carrasco (Flower), Rebecca Wisocky (Hetty), Roman Zaragoza (Sasappis), Devan Chandler Long (Thorfinn) and John Hartman (Nigel). Of those actors, only Hartman is not a series regular, which may mean that he is the most likely candidate to exit the show.
Ghosts season 3 trailer
No trailer for Ghosts season 3 has been released yet. We'll update this page when one is available.
How to watch Ghosts
Until Ghosts returns with new episodes on CBS, you can catch up with comedy series by streaming it on Paramount Plus .
Get the What to Watch Newsletter
The latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Michael Balderston is a DC-based entertainment and assistant managing editor for What to Watch, who has previously written about the TV and movies with TV Technology, Awards Circuit and regional publications. Spending most of his time watching new movies at the theater or classics on TCM, some of Michael's favorite movies include Casablanca , Moulin Rouge! , Silence of the Lambs , Children of Men , One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest and Star Wars . On the TV side he enjoys Peaky Blinders , The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel , Saturday Night Live , Only Murders in the Building and is always up for a Seinfeld rerun. Follow on Letterboxd .
Tom vs Ariana: who's winning the Vanderpump Rules primetime tour?
The Devil on Trial: Is it a true story? What happened to Arne Cheyenne Johnson?
Is Yellowstone season 2 airing on CBS?
By Michael Balderston October 16, 2023
By Tom Bedford October 16, 2023
By Nicholas Cannon October 15, 2023
By Nicholas Cannon October 14, 2023
By Sarabeth Pollock October 13, 2023
By Grace Morris October 13, 2023
By Elaine Reilly October 13, 2023
By Nicholas Cannon October 13, 2023
- 2 EXCLUSIVE: Layton Williams and Nikita Kuzmin reveal all their Strictly backstage secrets
- 3 Who is Nugget's mum in EastEnders? Everything you need to know
- 4 The Devil on Trial: Is it a true story? What happened to Arne Cheyenne Johnson?
- 5 Emmerdale fans SLAM soap for forgetting major character's death
+ Upcoming Airings
A couple learn the estate they are converting into a bed and breakfast is inhabited by spirits.
Trailer: Season 2
The 10 best tv shows of 2022, cast & crew.
Rose McIver Samantha
Utkarsh Ambudkar Jay
Brandon Scott Jones Isaac
Richie Moriarty Pete
Danielle Pinnock Alberta
Asher Grodman Trevor
Román Zaragoza Sasappis
Sheila Carrasco Flower
Rebecca Wisocky Hetty
Devan Chandler Long Thorfinn
Mathew Baynton Executive Producer
Simon Farnaby Executive Producer
Martha Howe-Douglas Executive Producer
Jim Howick Executive Producer
Where to Stream
2021– series 2 seasons 49 episodes, news about ghosts.
Relive Fun San Diego Comic-Con Moments With ‘Outlander,’ ‘Supernatural’ & More Casts (VIDEO)
Emmys Snubs & Surprises: ‘Jury Duty,’ ‘The Last of Us’ Guests, Elizabeth Olsen & More
‘Ghosts’ & ‘The Other Two’ Star Brandon Scott Jones on Balancing Comedy in Two Very Different Roles
‘Ghosts’ Star Rose McIver Reflects on Sam’s Journey & Shares Hopes for Season 3
‘ghosts’: 7 questions we need answered in season 3.
Ask Matt: The ‘Ghosts’ Cliffhanger, ‘Wonder Years,’ ‘Grey’s’ Without Meredith & More
‘Ghosts’ Star Danielle Pinnock Reacts to That Season 2 Finale Twist — What’s Next?
‘Ghosts’ Finale, ‘SVU’-‘OC’ Crossover, Academy of Country Music Awards on Livestream, Election Day on ‘Station 19’
What’s in ‘Ghosts’ Star Rebecca Wisocky’s Queue? ‘The Bear,’ ‘Love Is Blind’ & More
‘Ghosts’ Star Danielle Pinnock on (Finally) Solving Alberta’s Murder Mystery
‘Queen Charlotte’s Origin Story, ‘Simpsons’ Short Among May-the-Fourth ‘Star Wars’ Stunts, ‘Other Two’ Returns, Pete Davidson’s ‘Bupkis,’ a ‘Ghosts’ Whodunit
Best Lines of the Week (April 21-27): ‘A Train Cover Band — Tram’
Ask Matt: More ‘Schmigadoon’? An ‘Accused’ Cliffhanger, ‘American Auto’ & More
Best Lines of the Week (April 7-13): ‘What’s Up, My Baby’s Babies?’
‘Ghosts’ Star Richie Moriarty on Pete’s Special Father-of-the-Bride Moment
Another ‘Grey’s Farewell, A ‘Ghosts’ Wedding, ‘Picard’s Final Battle, ‘Florida Man’ on Netflix
Danielle Pinnock & Ashley D. Kelley on Bringing ‘Alberta’s Descendant’ to ‘Ghosts’
Rob Lowe Is ‘Unstable,’ A ‘Ghosts’ Descendent, ‘Alaska’ Finale, ‘CSI’ Cold Case, MLB Opening Night
CBS Finale Dates 2023: ‘NCIS,’ ‘Blue Bloods,’ ‘FBI’ Episode 100 & More
‘Poker Face’ Finale, ‘Top Chef’ World All-Stars, More of ‘You,’ ‘Ghosts’ Hellish Visitor
Ask Matt: A Rerun Rant, ‘NCIS’ Casting, ‘Grey’s and ‘Todd’ Storylines
Best Lines of the Week (February 10-16): ‘News Is Kinda Like TikTok But for People Who Can Read’
‘Ghosts’: Sheila Carrasco & Devan Chandler Long on Flower & Thorfinn’s Big Step Forward
‘Picard’ Rides Again, Joel McHale Does ‘Animal Control,’ On the Track with ‘Poker Face,’ Date Night on ‘Ghosts’
Ask Matt: Spinoff Mania, ‘Night Court’ & Long Streaming Waits
‘Ghosts’ Star Asher Grodman on Meeting Trevor’s Parents & Welcoming Tara Reid
‘You’ Heads to London, a Theatrical ‘Poker Face,’ Trevor’s Memorial on ‘Ghosts,’ NFL Honors
‘Not Dead Yet,’ ‘Ghosts,’ ‘Upload’ & More Shows Where the Dead Aren’t Gone for Good
Best Lines of the Week (January 27-February 2): ‘I Was Never Afraid Before You Showed Up’
‘Ghosts’ in the Machine, ‘Poker Face’ Sees the (Judith) Light, ‘Celebrity Jeopardy!’ Final, New Blood on ‘SVU’
‘Ghosts’ Welcomes Tara Reid & Trevor’s Parents to Woodstone in First Look (PHOTOS)
‘Ghosts’ Renewed for Season 3 at CBS
Rock Climbing and Sabotage in New Reality Competitions, Back to ‘Valhalla,’ Velma’s Story, We Heart ‘Ghosts’
Ask Matt: Pining for More ‘Pines’ & ‘Wheel’
New Faces on ‘Ghosts,’ Vicki Lawrence on ‘Kat,’ Game Night on ABC, BattleBots at War
13 TV Couples That Sent Us Swooning in 2022
‘Ghosts’ Star Brandon Scott Jones Breaks Down Holiday Romance Revelations
‘Beauty and the Beast’ at 30, a ‘Ghost’-ly Hour, Simpsons at the Opera, ‘Parent Test’
‘Ghosts’ Star Richie Moriarty Previews Magical Music Moment From Supersized Holiday Special
TV Insider’s Top 25 of the Week (December 12-18): ‘1923,’ ‘Beauty and the Beast: A 30th Celebration’ & More
‘Ghosts’ Star Brandon Scott Jones on Isaac Finally Finding Fraternity at Woodstone
The ‘Ghosts’ Cast Previews Their Magical, Hallmark-Inspired Holiday Episode
Cornered: ‘Ghosts’ Star Richie Moriarty Reveals What Show Makes Him Laugh (VIDEO)
‘Ghosts’ Star Richie Moriarty on Pete’s ‘Dumb Death’ & Collab With Mathew Baynton
A ‘Ghost’-ly In-Joke, Storm Clouds Over ‘Grey’s,’ Leaving ‘Atlanta,’ Mysterious ‘Calling,’ Brunch Time
‘Ghosts’ Star Devan Chandler Long on Meeting Thorfinn’s ‘Baby Bjorn’
Familiar Faces on ‘Grey’s,’ a Radical ‘Good Fight,’ Netflix Checks Out a ‘Blockbuster,’ British Suspense Thrillers
7 Spooky Families to Watch This Halloween, From ‘The Addams Family’ to ‘Ghosts’
‘Ghosts’ Star Rebecca Wisocky Reflects on Hetty’s Season 2 Growth & Facing Nemesis Molly
A ‘Ghosts’ Séance, New ‘Cribs’ on MTV, ‘Kat’ Mourns Leslie Jordan, Del Toro Salutes Lovecraft
‘Ghosts’: Rebecca Wisocky on Hetty’s Halloween Nemesis (and a Future Love?)
Ask Matt: ‘Abbott’s Name Game, Chopped-Up Drew, Reba’s ‘Big Sky’ Boost
‘Ghosts’: Brandon Scott Jones on Hopes for Isaac-Jay Friendship, ‘Evil’ Crossover
‘Ghosts’ Star Román Zaragoza on Sasappis’ Tree & Modern Native Representation
Cornered: ‘Ghosts’ Star Asher Grodman Reveals What Shows He’s Watching (VIDEO)
‘Inside Amy Schumer’ Returns, Familiar Face on ‘Grey’s,’ a Tree-Hugging Ghost, Found Footage Horror on ‘V/H/S/99’
‘Ghosts’ Does Halloween! Behind the Scenes of the Chaotic & Hilarious Special
‘Ghosts’ Star Sheila Carrasco on Flower’s Emotional Revelation & Woodstone’s Cult Encounter
Cornered: ‘Ghosts’ Star Utkarsh Ambudkar Reveals His Love of Comic Books (VIDEO)
‘Ghosts’ Cast Teases the Season 2 Halloween Episode: A Seance, and a Ghost of Hetty’s Past! (VIDEO)
NYCC 2022: See the Stars of ‘Ghosts,’ ‘Velma’ & More in Our Studio (PHOTOS)
‘Ghosts’: Danielle Pinnock on Alberta’s Shady Jazz Past & Personal Connection to the Story
Ask Matt: ‘Dead’ Tired, ‘Celebrity Jeopardy!’ & a Changing CW
Best Lines of the Week (September 23-29): ‘That’s Life, One Minute You’re a Fan, the Next You’re Not’
‘Ghosts’: Sam Enlists the Spirits of Woodstone B&B in ‘Spies’ (RECAP)
- Rose McIver as Samantha
- Utkarsh Ambudkar as Jay
- Brandon Scott Jones as Isaac
- Richie Moriarty as Pete
- Asher Grodman as Trevor
- Rebecca Wisocky as Hetty
- Sheila Carrasco as Flower
- Danielle Pinnock as Alberta
- Roman Zaragoza as Sasappis
- Devan Chandler Long as Thorfinn
Mid-Atlantic Nostalgia Convention, Sep 7 - 9, 2023, Hunt Valley, MD
Ghosts (CBS series)
- View history
Ghosts is an American sitcom that premiered on October 7, 2021 on CBS starring Rose McIver as Samantha (Sam) and Utkarsh Ambudkar as her husband Jay who inherit a mansion not knowing it is haunted. After Sam suffers a near-death experience, she wakes up from a coma with the ability to see the dead.
The series is based off the British sitcom of the same name which first aired in 2019 on BBC One .
- 2.1 Development
- 2.2 Casting
- 3.1.1 Living
- 3.1.2 Ghosts
- 3.2 Recurring
- 4.1 Season 1
- 4.2 Season 2
- 6.1 Interviews
- 6.3 Behind the Scenes
- 7 References
Synopsis [ ]
Married New Yorkers Samantha and Jay Arondekar believe that their dreams have come true when they inherit a beautiful country house from Sophie Woodstone, Sam's great aunt, only to find that it is falling apart and inhabited by ghosts who died on the mansion's grounds and are now bound to the area until they can reach the afterlife . Jay cannot see or hear the ghosts, but Sam can after a near-death experience.
Production [ ]
Development [ ].
On November 29, 2019, CBS announced that they were developing an adaptation of the BBC One series Ghosts .  The original British series upon which the series is based was created by Mathew Baynton , Simon Farnaby , Martha Howe-Douglas , Jim Howick , Laurence Rickard , and Ben Willbond for BBC. 
On February 4, 2020, it was announced that the pilot had been picked up by CBS Studios and was co-produced with BBC Studios and Lionsgate Television.  On March 31, 2021, it was announced that the adaptation has been picked up for a full series.  In July 2021, it was announced that the series would premiere as a Thursday-night entry on October 7, 2021.  On September 23, 2021, CBS changed the premiere to back-to-back episodes. 
On October 21, 2021, CBS picked up the series for a full season. On December 17, 2021, it was reported that production has been temporarily halted due to a positive case of COVID-19 on the set of the series. On January 24, 2022, CBS renewed the series for a second season which premiered on September 29, 2022.
On November 8, 2022, it was announced that the BBC would be airing Ghosts in the United Kingdom under the name of 'Ghosts US' on BBC Three & BBC iPlayer on November 20, 2022. On January 12, 2023, CBS renewed the series for a third season.
Casting [ ]
On March 4, 2020, Rose McIver was cast in a leading role for the pilot.  On July 1, 2020, Utkarsh Ambudkar was cast in a main role for the pilot.  On December 9, 2020, Brandon Scott Jones, Richie Moriarty, Asher Grodman , Rebecca Wisocky , Sheila Carrasco, Danielle Pinnock and Roman Zaragoza were cast in main roles for the pilot.  On May 12, 2021, Devan Chandler Long joined the cast as a series regular. 
- Rose McIver as Samantha Arondekar
- Utkarsh Ambudkar as Jay Arondekar
- Brandon Scott Jones as Captain Isaac Higgintoot
- Richie Moriarty as Pete Martino
- Asher Grodman as Trevor
- Rebecca Wisocky as Hetty Woodstone
- Sheila Carrasco as Susan Montero, a.k.a Flower
- Danielle Pinnock as Alberta Haynes
- Roman Zaragoza as Sasappis
- Devan Chandler Long as Thorfinn
Recurring [ ]
- Hudson Thames as Crash , a 1950s-era James Dean style ghost who was decapitated. The character has so far only appeared in 'Pilot' and briefly in the background of 'Halloween', but CBS has suggested he may return in future episodes.
- Odessa A'Zion as Stephanie - An 80s mean girl who died on the property after getting killed on her Prom Night. She spends months on end sleeping in the attic hence the nickname "Attic Girl". Though born in the same year as Trevor and therefore the same age, she died died sooner so has the appearance of teenager and so her advances toward him are rejected.
In addition to the main ghosts, the mansion houses a group of ghosts who died of cholera and occupy the basement. Their sickly appearances disturb the upstairs ghosts. The total number is uncertain, but there are at least six, three of which have been named within the series (Stuart, Nancy, and Creepy Dirk), with the remaining three being listed in the credits. They are based on the Plague ghosts of the original British series.
- Stuart Fink as Cholera Victim Stuart
- Arthur Holden as Cholera Victim Creepy Dirk
- Cody Crain as Cholera Victim Cody
- Nigel Downer as Cholera Victim Nigel
- Cat Lemieux as Cholera Victim Catherine
- Betsy Sodaro as Cholera Victim Nancy
There are also British Ghosts who died in the Revolutionary War and live in the shed on the property as that has been the agreement since who war ended and as an result know Isaac. They keep most to themselves and only come up to the main house to redraw the boarder lines every few years although the main house ghosts say its only for Nigel to flirt with Isaac.
- Chad Andrews as Baxter
- Christian Daoust as Jenkins
- John Hartman as Nigel Chessum
Episodes List [ ]
Season 1 [ ].
- Episode 1 Pilot : Samantha and Jay throw both caution and money to the wind when they decide to convert a rundown country estate they inherited into a bed & breakfast – only to find it's inhabited by the many opinionated spirits of deceased residents who now call it home.
- Episode 2 Hello! : When Sam thinks she's crazy because she continues to see the ghosts of Woodstone Mansion , she tries to ignore them, making them even more determined to get her to acknowledge they're real.
- Episode 3 Viking Funeral : When Thorfinn's bones are discovered, he asks Sam for a traditional Viking funeral. Sam and Jay are torn when they learn that the bones could be sold to a museum for much-needed cash, and the ghosts elect a "ghost representative" to bring issues to Sam.
- Episode 4 Dinner Party : When Sam and Jay invite the nosy neighbors Henry and Margaret (Mark Linn-Baker and Kathryn Greenwood) to a dinner party to woo them into allowing the bed and breakfast, the ghosts are desperately eager to be included on the guest list.
- Episode 5 Halloween : On Halloween at Woodstone Mansion, the ghosts try to help Sam and Jay protect their home from the neighborhood kids who annually vandalize the house.
- Episode 6 Pete's Wife : Pete convinces Sam to invite his living wife to the mansion, only to discover she's been keeping a dark secret from him for many years. Also, Sassapis gets angry with Thorfinn for binge-cheating their favorite show without him, and Trevor learns he may have a daughter.
- Episode 7 Flower's Article : Flower begs sam not to write an article about the time she and her friends held up a bank during her commune days.
- Episode 8 D&D : Sam agrees to facilitate a new dungeons & dragons campaign between jay and the ghosts, after he's kicked out of the one with his city friends.
- Episode 9 Alberta's Fan : Alberta is thrilled when a super-fan of her music visits the mansion.
- Episode 10 Possession : Hetty accidentally possesses Jay's body just as he and Sam are to about show Woodstone Mansion to a renowned wedding planner.
- Episode 11 Sam's Mom : Sam and Jay travel to where Sam's mother died to see if she's a ghost.
- Episode 12 Jay's Sister : Jay and Sam are shocked to discover that Jay's sister is communicating with someone they know on a dating app.
- Episode 13 The Vault : Just as Sam and Jay are about to host a friend's wedding that would provide great publicity for their B&B, the ghost of Hetty's husband tries to ruin it.
- Episode 14 Ghostwriter : When Sasappis offers to help Sam complete the B&B website, they butt heads over the creative direction, and Pete bonds with Jay over basketball.
- Episode 15 Thorapy : Thorfinn's night terrors inspire Sam to enlist a therapist to help him, and Isaac makes a big personal revelation after he's compelled to seduce Hetty.
- Episode 16 Trevor's Pants : The secret about Trevor's missing pants is finally revealed, when his wealthy former friend comes to Woodstone Mansion to buy the timepiece Sam and Jay found.
- Episode 17 Attic Girl : An '80s "mean girl" ghost who died on her prom night is awakened in the attic, triggering Sam to confront what happened on her prom night.
- Episode 18 Farnsby & B : As Sam and Jay await their first official B&B guests, they must overcome obstacles triggered by a norse curse, and Isaac takes a centuries-in-the-making step in his personal life.
Season 2 [ ]
- Episode 1 Spies : Sam enlists the Ghosts to help secure a good review from an overly critical couple staying at the B&B. Also, Isaac tries to integrate Nigel into his friend group.
- Episode 2 Alberta's Podcast : Sam decides to host a podcast exploring the mystery surrounding Alberta's death. Also, Hetty develops an unusual relationship with a broken washing machine.
- Episode 3 Jay's Friends : Sam becomes alarmed when the ghosts suggest Jay's new friends may be part of a cult run by a charismatic leader named Micah (Drew Tarver). Also, Pete changes his attitude after Sasappis criticizes his unceasing cheeriness.
- Episode 4 The Tree : Sasappis convinces Sam and Jay to try and save an old tree on the Woodstone property that the neighbors want to cut down, and Thor attempts to become more environmentally friendly to get Flower's attention.
- Episode 5 Halloween 2: The Ghost of Hetty's Past : A séance at Sam and Jay's last-minute Halloween party conjures up a spirit from Hetty's past. Also, Isaac worries Nigel will be turned off by his ghost power.
- Episode 6 The Baby Bjorn : Sam meets a Viking ghost at the Farnsbys' house who has an unexpected connection to Thorfinn. Also, Trevor devises a new method for the ghosts to trade favors.
- Episode 7 Dumb Deaths : When a television documentary crew comes to Woodstone Mansion to shoot an episode of "Dumb Deaths," Pete confronts a hard truth about the day he died.
- Episode 8 The Liquor License : Alberta's expertise from her past comes in handy when Sam and Jay run into some complications during their Woodstone whiskey tasting soiree. Also, Trevor devises a ghost fraternity, which inspires a revelation from Isaac's past.
- Episode 9 The Christmas Spirit : Jay's sister, Bela (Punam Patel), visits Woodstone Mansion and brings along an adoring male friend, inspiring Sam to spark a romance between them in the spirit of the holiday rom-coms she loves.
- Episode 10 The Christmas Spirit Part Two: Sam and Thorfinn get caught in the crossfire as the scheme Jay's sister, Bela (Punam Patel), and the ghosts have conjured up goes awry. Isaac's marriage to Beatrice sheds light on how apprehensive he has been in communicating his feelings to Nigel.
- Episode 11 The Perfect Assistant : Sam and Jay are thrilled when they find a highly qualified assistant for the B&B - however, their new employee comes with some surprising baggage. Also, Thorfinn tries to help his son, Bjorn, deal with a bully.
- Episode 12 The Family Business : Sam gives relationship advice to her and Jay's assistant, Freddie (Mike Lane), ignoring Hetty's warning not to get too close to "the help." Also, Sasappis strikes up a romance with Jessica (Nichole Sakura), the ghost who lives in Freddie's car.
- Episode 13 Ghost Hunter : Sam and Jay's assistant, Freddie (Mike Lane), purchases ghost-hunting equipment when suspicious activity leads him to theorize the B&B is haunted. Also, Sasappis risks losing his relationship with Jessica (Nichole Sakura) when Freddie sells his car.
- Episode 14 Trevor's Body : Trevor receives disturbing news about his parents when they come to Woodstone B&B to collect his newly discovered remains. Also, Isaac and Nigel's relationship hits a roadblock.
- Episode 15 A Date To Remember : Sam and Jay help Thorfinn create a perfect first date with Flower, and Hetty feels slighted by the ghosts' new housemate, Nigel.
- Episode 16 Isaac's Book : Sam struggled to keep Issac's spirits up after she hits a wall trying to publish a biography about him, Trevor and Hetty conspire to keep their relationship hiden and Flower urges Thor to control his anger.
- Episode 17 Weekend From Hell : Elias Woodstone returns seeking Hetty's forgiveness so he can stay out of hell forever, and Jay struggles to repeat a culinary creation that he came up with after walking through Flower.
- Episode 18 Alberta's Descendant : Alberta is thrilled when a living relative visits Woodstone to learn more about her, but things take a turn when she hits it off with Sam's podcast co-host. Also, Nigel uses his knowledge of Trevor and Hetty's secret tryst to try to blackmail Hetty.
- Episode 19 Ghost Father of the Bride : After learning that Pete's daughter, Laura is getting married, Sam, at Pete's behest, tries to convince her to hold her wedding at Woodstone B&B. Also, Alberta and Isaac team up to solve the mystery of what happened to Crash's head.
- Episode 20 Woodstone's Hottest Couple : When teen ghost Stephanie (Odessa A'zion), who lives in the attic, awakens to find that her crush Trevor is now dating Hetty, she decides to sabotage all the relationships at Woodstone.
- Episode 21 Whodunnit : Sam, Jay and the ghosts go into detective mode when Sam's podcast editor gives her one last episode to wrap up Alberta's murder. Also, Trevor, Flower and Pete discover an email from a Nigerian prince asking for help.
- Episode 22 The Heir : When a woman shows up claiming to be the rightful heir to Woodstone Mansion, Sam and Jay enlist the help of a lawyer. Meanwhile, Isaac tries to decide how to spend half of Sam's advance on his autobiography. Also, a surprise event takes place that could dramatically change life at the manor.
- Although based on the original BBC version of the series and similar in plot and story arcs, the characters have been Americanized to reflect the story of the house: in the British version, Isaac is a Second World War captain (also a closeted gay man, who remains unnamed; the Captain in the British series is far more serious and a bit more tragic, much of the comedy coming from his strict military ways and his obsession for rank, while Isaac is more flamboyant and sarcastic); Trevor (the trouserless ghost) is a disgraced MP instead of a Wall Street broker (confirmed in the BBC series to have died while having sex, while Trevor's death is from an accidental drug overdose); and Thor the Viking is a caveman. Two original characters, Flower the Hippie and Alberta the jazz singer, replace Kitty, a naïve Georgian woman (who, as Flower, is always absent-minded, though Flower's is more an effect of drugs) and Thomas, a failed romantic poet who, like Alberta, constantly exaggerates his own importance and significance, though Alberta's talent is genuine but the British character's is not). Some of the characters' traits were given to others: Trevor's crush on Sam was originally from the romantic poet, while Sassapis' wit and sarcasm were originally the Caveman's. Hetty, the lady of the house, and Pete, the friendly scout leader, remain relatively the same. Crash, the decapitated ghost (a Tudor nobleman in the BBC version), shares the original's recurring joke of constantly losing his head.
Interviews [ ]
Behind the Scenes [ ]
References [ ]
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2019/11/cbs-developing-adaptation-of-british-comedy-ghosts-with-joe-port-joe-wiseman-project-kicks-off-lionsgate-bbc-studios-partnership-1202789492/
- ↑ https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/cbs-orders-comedy-ghosts-series-1234942172
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2020/02/cbs-4-comedy-pilots-corinne-kingsbury-frank-pines-kohan-mutchnick-and-port-wiseman-ghosts-the-three-of-us-please-hold-for-frankie-wolfe-1202851490/
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2021/03/ghosts-comedy-rose-mciver-utkarsh-ambudkar-series-cbs-1234725817/
- ↑ https://tvline.com/2021/07/12/cbs-fall-premiere-dates-survivor-ncis-young-sheldon
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2021/09/ghosts-premiere-one-hour-bumped-up-to-one-hour-b-positive-moved-back-one-week-cbs-1234843079/
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2020/03/izombie-star-rose-mciver-cast-lead-ghosts-cbs-comedy-pilot-1202874550/
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2020/07/utkarsh-ambudkar-rose-mciver-cbs-comedy-pilot-ghosts-1202974936
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2020/12/ghosts-danielle-pinnock-asher-grodman-richie-moriarty-sheila-carrasco-roman-zaragoza-join-cbs-comedy-pilot-as-it-starts-production-1234653145
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2021/05/ghosts-doom-patrol-devan-chandler-long-joins-cbs-comedy-series-1234754804/
- 1 The Captain
- View history
- 1 Young Sheldon
- 3 Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids
- Try Paramount+
- Search shows
- TV Provider
‘Yellowstone’ Sets Broadcast TV Debut as CBS Revises 2023 Fall Schedule Amid Strikes
By Joe Otterson
- ‘Hawk’ Animated Series in Development at Wattpad Webtoon Studios From ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Writer Christopher Yost (EXCLUSIVE) 4 hours ago
- Netflix’s ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ Live-Action Series Offers First Looks at Iroh, Azula, Fire Lord Ozai 1 day ago
- ‘Gargoyles’ Live-Action Series Reboot in the Works at Disney+ From Gary Dauberman, James Wan’s Atomic Monster 2 days ago
CBS is heavily revising its fall 2023 schedule as the effects of Hollywood’s double strike continues to be felt.
When CBS originally released their fall schedule back in May, the broadcaster planned on having most of their scripted programming back. But that schedule was released about one week into the writers’ strike. Now, with SAG-AFTRA joining the writers on the picket lines and no end to either strike in sight, CBS is adding a large amount of acquired programming and unscripted shows.
CBS is also bringing “SEAL Team” back to the network, around two years after the military drama was shifted over to Paramount+ . “SEAL Team” Season 5 will now air on CBS this fall on Thursdays at 10 p.m. Other shows coming to CBS from within Paramount include the docuseries “FBI True” on Tuesdays and a Paramount+ original to air on Mondays that will be announced at a later date.
Elsewhere, CBS is pairing reruns of the hit comedy series “Ghosts” with episodes of the original U.K. show on which the CBS version is based. Two episodes of the U.K. “Ghosts” will air on Thursdays back to back, leading into “SEAL Team.”
“The Amazing Race” and “Survivor” remain on the schedule for Wednesdays, with both shows still slated to run 90 minutes each. “Big Brother” and “The Challenge USA” are extending their runs into the fall.
The game shows “The Price Is Right at Night” and “Let’s Make a Deal Primetime” will air on Fridays along with the new series “Raid the Cage” and fan-favorite reruns of “Blue Bloods.” CBS will also debut the new reality shows “Buddy Games” and “Lotería Loca.”
It has been expected that broadcast networks would bring in shows from sister networks and streamers owned by the same parent company as CBS is doing with “Yellowstone” and the other aforementioned shows. ABC, for example, recently announced that the MCU show “Ms. Marvel” will air on the network beginning in August after originally debuting on Disney+.
See the full CBS fall 2023 schedule below.
More From Our Brands
‘stop the war now’: relatives of israeli rave kidnapping victims plead for peace, iwc just dropped two high-flying ceramic versions of its top gun pilot’s watch, nfl owners raise debt limit to $1.2 billion for new buyers, the best fitness sales to shop during amazon’s prime big deal days event, the late show taking brief hiatus while stephen colbert recovers from covid, verify it's you, please log in.
- There are no inadequacies
Sophia Bush & Ashlyn Harris: Everything Insiders Have Said About the Rumored New Couple
Britney Spears' Memoir: Every Major Justin Timberlake Revelation (From the Abortion News to Cheating Allegations)
Travis Kelce Discusses Taylor Swift's Security Team, Her Meeting His Mom & Dad & More!
Sabrina Carpenter Drops Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble' Ahead of Upcoming Eras Tour Shows
'Ghosts' Season 3 on CBS - 9 Cast Members Expected to Return!
Continue Here »
Ghosts is coming back.
The TV series, which was adapted to American television for CBS from the British series of the same name, first premiered in 2021, with a second season that followed in 2022.
The show follows married New York couple Samantha and Jay Arondekar, who inherit a beautiful country house only to find that it is falling apart and inhabited by ghosts who died on the mansion’s grounds.
In January 2023, the series was renewed for a third season. While there’s no premiere date set for Season 3 yet due to the Hollywood strikes, we already have a good idea of who may be returning.
Find out who is likely returning for Ghosts Season 3…
JJ Links Around The Web
- Find out who almost played Edward Cullen in Twilight instead of Robert Pattinson - Just Jared Jr
- The fate of Only Murders in the Building has been revealed - Just Jared Jr
- Exciting news for Shrek fans - Just Jared Jr
- Disney+ is making some big changes - Just Jared Jr
JJ: Latest Posts
- Viral Halle Bailey Pregnancy &...
- The Strangest & Most Surprising...
- 'Elite' to End with Season 8 on...
- Crystal Hefner Bares All With Upcoming...
- Netflix Announces 11 TV Shows Are...
- Kanye West's Text Message to Elon Musk...
- Gwyneth Paltrow Says She's Going to...
- Daniel Radcliffe Responds to Rumors He...
- John Stamos Reveals He Was Sexually...
- BBC Cancels 1 TV Show, Renews 2 More...
- Travis Kelce Discusses Taylor Swift's...
- Adam Driver's 'Ferrari' Trailer...
- Britney Spears' Memoir: Every Major...
- Sophia Bush's Ex Grant Hughes Reacts...
Just Jared Jr.
- Meg Donnelly, Drake Rodger & More...
- Jax Teams Up With Simple Plan for an...
- Halle Bailey Glows at Glamour Event in...
- Timothee Chalamet Talks Working on...
- Ariana Grande Attends 'Rocky Horror'...
- Hailey & Justin Bieber Accessorize...
- Millie Bobby Brown Reacts to Being...
- © 2005-2023 Just Jared, Inc. ||
- Manage Cookies
- Return to Mobile
- Gangwon 2024
- Milano Cortina 2026
- Brisbane 2032
- Olympic Refuge Foundation
- Olympic Games
- Olympic Channel
- Let's Move
Rugby World Cup 2023 semi-finals preview: Full schedule and how to watch live
Argentina, New Zealand, England and reigning champions South Africa are into the last four of the global showpiece. Find the fixtures and where to watch the action live.
The Rugby World Cup 2023 in France has reached the semi-final stage with the remaining teams two wins away from getting their hands on the Webb Ellis Cup.
After four quarter-final encounters which witnessed duels between Northern and Southern Hemisphere sides, only England remain of the teams from the global North.
The first semi-final pits Argentina against three-time champions New Zealand .
The Pumas came from behind to defeat Wales in the quarter-finals with the All Blacks holding off world numbers ones Ireland to reach the last four for the fourth time in succession.
The second semi sees a repeat of the 2019 final between England and South Africa .
England staved off a spirited fightback from Fiji to make it through to the semi-finals, with the holders edging out hosts France by the narrowest of margins.
Argentina are the only remaining team not to have won the World Cup before.
Rugby World Cup 2023: Full results and standings - complete list
Sf1: argentina vs new zealand (stade de france).
After their epic win over Ireland, New Zealand go into this match as strong favourites with their opening defeat to France a distant memory.
The All Blacks defence came through a stern examination by the world number one side, but Argentina's forwards should give them plenty to think about and will be high on confidence after their win over Wales.
After 28 defeats and one draw, Argentina scored their first Test win over New Zealand in November 2020 and repeated the trick in August last year.
But the three-time champions have won 33 of their 36 previous meetings and will be well-fancied to make their third final in the last four tournaments.
SF2: England vs South Africa (Stade de France)
Fiji threw everything at England in the quarter-finals but Owen Farrell's trusty boot sent the 2003 world champions through at the end.
Next up is their biggest test after South Africa's Springboks broke French hearts with a 29-28 victory in the Stade de France.
Since meeting in the last World Cup Final, England - the only unbeaten team left in the tournament - and South Africa have won once apiece.
England squeaked home 27-26 at Twickenham in November 2021, but South Africa scored a comfortable 27-13 triumph a year later which prompted the replacement of England coach Eddie Jones by Steve Borthwick .
And after their victory over the hosts, the Boks will go into the match as warm favourites.
The winners of each semi-final fixture will face off in the Rugby World Cup final on Saturday 28 October in the Stade de France with the match kicking off at 21:00 local time (19:00 UTC).
The beaten semi-finalists will meet in the third-place playoff 24 hours previously at the same venue.
How to watch the 2023 Rugby World Cup live
Please check local listings for broadcast schedules in your territories.
Rugby World Cup 2023 will be broadcast live in the following markets:
- Australia - STAN
- Andorra - MOVISTAR+
- Austria: PROSIBEN
- Belgium - TELENET
- Cook Island - Cook Islands Television
- Czechia - Ceska Televize
- Fiji - Fiji TV
- France - France TV, TF1, M6
- Germany - RAN
- Ireland - RTE, VIRGIN
- Italy, San Marino, Vatican - Sky Italia, RAI
- Japan - JSports, NTV, NHK
- Luxembourg - TF1
- Middle East and North Africa - StarzPlay
- Netherlands - ZIGGO
- New Zealand - Sky NZ, STUFF
- Papua New Guinea - Digicel, EMTV
- Portugal - Sport TV
- Samoa - TV1
- Romania - Digisport
- Spain and Andorra - MOVISTAR+
- Solomon Islands - Telekom Television
- South Africa and Sub-Sahara - SuperSport
- Tonga - Digicel, Tonga Broadcasting Commission (TBC)
- Turkey - SSPORT (SARAN)
- United Kingdom - ITV, S4C
- United States of America - NBC
- Vanuatu - Vanuatu Broadcasting & Television Corporation
Rugby World Cup 2023: These teams have qualified for the semi-finals
11 Iconic venues of the Paris 2024 Olympic Games
Jerry Tuwai: bringing hope from the slum to the nation
Anatomy of a Rugby Player: How strong is silver medallist Tom Mitchell?
You may like.
- Israel-Hamas War
- House Speaker Vote
- Natalee Holloway
- Dolly Parton
- CBS News Live
- Managing Your Money
Watch CBS News
"Her name is Noa": Video shows woman being taken by Hamas at Supernova music festival where at least 260 were killed
By Caitlin O'Kane
Updated on: October 10, 2023 / 4:03 PM / CBS News
Disturbing videos out of Israel show innocent citizens, including women, children and the elderly, being taken hostage by Hamas, which is on the U.S. list of terrorist organizations, as they invaded the country on Saturday. In one video, a woman yells for help, her arm outstretched, as she is taken away on a motorcycle. She is Noa Argamani, a university student who was attending the Supernova music festival in the south of Israel when the Palestinian militants began their attack .
Argamani's father, Yaakov, said he was in disbelief at the images he saw. "She is an amazing person. A sweet child," he told CBS News foreign correspondent Holly Williams in Hebrew.
When asked what he wants the Israeli government to do to get his daughter back, Argamani said: "Only by peaceful measures."
"We need to act with sensitivity," he said. "They also have mothers who are crying. The same as it is for us."
The video of Noa being captured has been widely circulated on social media. "Her name is Noa," many share in the caption, adding a name to the face that is filled with fear.
Noa was taken away from her boyfriend, her family and friend told Reuters. "We all want to believe that it's not, but you can't, you can't deny it. It's just her face, her clothes and it's her boyfriend, like you can see him very clearly, you can see very clearly that it's her," Noa's friend Amit Parparia told the news agency.
"I don't think anyone ever has felt such terror and such helplessness when you're taken away from your boyfriend, from your loved ones to some place unknown with terrorists," Parparia said. "I can't imagine what she's going through right now, traveling with those terrorists in Gaza, waiting for someone to send help."
The conflict between the Jewish state of Israel and Hamas has been tumultuous for decades. But on Saturday, Hamas terrorists broke through the barrier at the border between Israel and Gaza, launching an unprecedented attack, Williams reports. Gunmen killed civilians in the street and kidnapped hostages, in some cases parading them in the streets.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed the Israeli military would destroy Hamas, which continued to fire more missiles on Monday. The death toll for both Israel and Palestine is more than 1,200. Nine Americans are among the dead and the Israeli Defense Forces said on Tuesday that 900 Israelis have died.
Noa and her boyfriend were among the hundreds of people at the festival in Re'im when Hamas gunmen opened fire. The city is near the Gaza Strip, an area that is Palestinian territory.
Rocket fire, followed by gunshots, came out of nowhere, a witness told Israel's Channel 12.
Paramedics removed about 260 bodies from the desert area – a number that is expected to increase, Israeli rescue service Zaka said, according to the Associated Press.
Gal Levy, 22, managed to escape the attack but was shot in both legs and doesn't know if he will walk again. Levy told CBS News' Imtiaz Tyab he waited six hours for help. "I feel let down by the government. I feel let down by the army," he said. "I lost like two liters of blood, and I was really sure after the guy that came — the terrorist, to take us — that that's it. I'm gonna die."
The family of a 20-year-old aspiring DJ who was at the festival says he is still missing. Laor Abramov's parents joined CBS News from Israel on Tuesday and said he messaged his father from a bomb shelter on Saturday but they hadn't heard from him since.
His mother, Michal Halev, said they spoke to witnesses who saw their son being taken away in a pickup truck. "We need everyone who can do something to bring us back our boy. That's what we need. We need someone to bring us back our boy," she told CBS News' Jericka Duncan.
"We need the American people. We need President Biden's help," his father, David Abramov, said. "Our children suffered the most horrific experience no one could even imagine — going to enjoy music with friends in nature and get bombarded with hand grenades and automatic weapons, and just being slaughtered one after another. Young, beautiful, happy people go to celebrate life and meeting monsters that come to celebrate death."
His father said they are in touch with authorities but haven't received answers about where their son is. "I just want to ask one thing," Abramov told viewers. "Help us? Please. Bring us back our son."
Caitlin O'Kane is a digital content producer covering trending stories for CBS News and its good news brand, The Uplift .